This post is a partnership with Kinsa® Health.
What if we knew the flu was nearby before it affected us? What if we could map out illness in our community to avoid spreading it? This is the idea Kinsa® Health was built on.
Kinsa® turned the thermometer –the first device you grab when sickness strikes –into a support system to help keep your family healthy. FDA-cleared and pediatrician-recommended, Kinsa® Smart Stick Digital Thermometer is as reliable as other leading digital thermometers, but does much more.
What makes Kinsa® different?
- The Kinsa® thermometer plugs straight into your iOS or Android device and syncs with a free app that’s compatible with nearly all IOS and Android devices.
- Kinsa® offers personalized guidance on how and when to soothe symptoms, take medication, and call a physician—all on the app.
- Kinsa® takes accurate oral, rectal, and underarm temperature readings in a form factor that is comfortable, portable, and easy to use.
- Kinsa® keeps each family member’s health details at-hand for you or your pediatrician to review.
- Kinsa® does not require batteries!
Pairing Kinsa® with Your Phone
No need for batteries with the Kinsa® thermometer. One end of it goes under the patient’s tongue and the other plugs in the headphone jack of your phone. The Kinsa® app then displays an accurate read-out of the patient’s temperature.
There are many benefits to using the app: It allows the user to create profiles for everyone in the family and keep track of their temperatures and other symptoms over time. This information can be sent to a physician if necessary. It also features community health tracking; more on this below.
How Kinsa® Maps Community Health
The Kinsa® app can be used to access current public health records and Kinsa®’s local user groups to see what bugs are going around. If any illnesses match the patient’s symptoms, the app will provide recommendations for treatment, along with things to watch for. If the user decides that their doctor should be contacted, they can do so with the click of a button.
The more people who use Kinsa®, the smarter Kinsa® gets!
That’s why Ogden Clinic is partnering with Kinsa® Health to give away four of their smart thermometers.
We have two (2) Smart Ear Thermometers and two (2) Smart Stick thermometers up for grabs; simply enter our contest on Ogden Clinic’s Facebook page. (contest runs from 2/20 to 02/22.)
Kinsa® is compatible with:
- iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus (Headphone jack adapter included with iPhone necessary for compatibility)
- iPhone SE, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, 5s, 5, 5c
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Note 4, Note 3 and Note 2
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Active S5, S5 Active S4, S4 Active, S3
- Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge and S7 Active when using Android 6.0.1 or earlier. Not compatible with Android 7.0 (aka Nougat) or later.
- Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X
- HTC 10, One M9, One M8
- LG G5, G4 and G3
- Moto G4
To learn more about Kinsa or purchase your own Smart Thermometer, visit https://www.kinsahealth.com/.