The weather is cooling and the leaves are changing. What does that mean? Football is back! And just as importantly – so are tailgate parties. Of course, the best part of tailgate parties is the food. Here are three of our favorite tailgating recipes…
- Prepare your taco meat. Add taco seasoning and salsa (optional).
- Prepare the taco toppings.
- You will need at least one bag of single-serve Doritos® (or Fritos®) for each person.
- Each person will crunch their bag of chips to crush up the Doritos®.
- Cut the bag of Doritos® open down the side.
- Spoon the taco meat inside and then top with your favorite taco toppings.
- Stir with a spoon and eat straight from a bag.
- Poke bratwurst with a knife or fork to prevent them from exploding while they cook.
- Place bratwurst in a large pot with onions, butter, and beer (optional).
- Place pot over medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil grate.
- Cook bratwurst on grill for 12-14 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve hot off the grill with sauerkraut, onions, and mustard.
- Create marinade by combining ½ cup soy sauce, ½ cup oil, 1 cup of 7-Up® soda, and a dash of garlic salt in a gallon Ziploc® bag.
- Place 4 lbs of chicken breasts in marinade.
- Allow chicken to marinate for 12 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Cook chicken on grill for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally to brown.
- Serve hot off the grill – tastes great when paired with mashed potatoes.